Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fettuccini Alfredo that won’t block your Arteries .


Do you think what I think when I order Fettuccine Alfredo in restaurants “ I need to starve to eat this dish today”  ..you bet I  starve.  The buxom calorie  numbers go something like this .. 604 calories per serving, with 19 g fat and 114 mg of cholesterol. Yes there is an option and yes it is  possible to eat finger licking yet healthy food and smitten all over.
Here is my and kids approved version...this I what I packed for my son for lunch this morning!!
  1. ·         In a medium saucepan, heat  3 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown.  Add 3 Tbsp of flour and stir well so it dose not form into lumps. Don’t let it turn brown in color.  Add milk and cream cheese stir. Add black pepper  and chili flakes, oregano and parsley. Simmer for few minutes and then add cheese.
  2. ·         On the side , heat 1 tbsp of olive oil add  2 chopped garlic pods,  chicken , salt, sprinkle oregano, parsley and fry till light brown in color.  Add it to the above mixture.
  3. ·         Do  the same for Broccoli and spinach. You can either add it to the mixture of assemble with rest later.
  4. Prepare pasta per package directions. Transfer pasta  to large serving bowl and toss with cheese sauce,  broccoli and spinach .

No comments:

Post a Comment