Wednesday, November 2, 2011

eggplants with potatoes.

Ah! The goodness of eggplants:     Rich in Dietary fiber, potassium and manganese, also called brain food because it has Nasunin, a potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger that has been shown to protect cell membranes from damage. And now from my personal experience which goes something like this: wrap big size eggplants in aluminum file rest them on baking tray, switch the oven at 350 degrees and if like me, happen to remember after 8 hours, you will find a hollow eggplant with fibers. Experiment shows its 90% water;-D
FYI ..I love eggplants and now that my mom is with me, I get to eat my delicious and favorites. One of such dishes happens to be Brinjal /eggplant and potatoes. Simple and very Yum!!
 1 pound eggplant small variety and not green ones.
2 potatoes medium size
1 medium size Onions
1 or 2 green chilies
Coriander leaves ¼ bunches
Few Curry leaves  
1 tsp Garlic ginger paste
Dry spices
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chilies powder
Salt to taste
Cut eggplant in square pieces and potatoes of same size.  In pan, add onions, coriander leaves, curry leaves, garlic ginger paste and salt, eggplants, potatoes (all of it). Add 4 to 5  tbsp of oil on top (and not before as we all do.) Add dry spices and add ¼ cup of water simmer till done. Stir once a while. Its done once potatoes are soft and eggplants are not mushy. You are now eating my favorite dish.. enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment