Monday, September 19, 2011

Hastened Spaghetti

One of those days where I literally have nothing in my fridge except onions and tomatoes. And I am in no mood for Indian cuisine so Italian it has to be cause that’s the fastest cuisine I can cook in jiffy next to Indian. It feels as if winter is setting in early and I am already beginning to crave for warm but light supper again…
So here I assemble ingredients  hoping I have all I need right in my home:
  • ·         2 onions cut length wise in strips
  • ·         5 tomatoes cut in cube
  • ·         4 garlic pods
  • ·         ½ and inch ginger
  • ·         Dry or fresh basil, oregano. Parsley( I prefer fresh always, dry is optional)
  • ·         Guess what I have frozen cut spinach..how about if I use a cup of this.( defrost in microwave)
  • ·         Salt, pepper and paprika or chili powder, 1/4 tsp of clove powder.
  • ·         Oil for frying.
  • ·         2 and 1/2 cup of Swanson vegetable or chicken broth..psst, if you have nothing, then use water you boiled spaghetti in. Rich in starch usually thickens gravy.
  • ·         Whole wheat spaghetti.  (I used ½ packet of 13.25 oz )
Boil Water for spaghetti
Meanwhile, Heat 4 tbsp olive oil add chopped garlic and ginger followed by onions. Fry for 10 min until onions are translucent in color add spinach and fry further for 5 min. Add chopped tomatoes basil, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir and close lid for 10 min. Stir until onions and tomatoes are soft. Add 2  (8 oz) glass of broth and simmer with lid on.
Prepare spaghetti as per instructions.
Drain water from spaghetti and mix in prepared tomato and onions sauce...garnish with parsley.

Want meat : Stir 1/2 a pound of ground turkey, chicken or beef once you fry onions. fry until brown. ..

No comments:

Post a Comment